Over the past few years, cloud computing has been one of the most popular discussion topics for businesses. Many marketers insist that “The Cloud” is the future, as it has almost endless possibilities.
Businesses have already begun transitioning to the cloud, and many have realized cost-savings and increased functionality.
What’s really important, however, is that every business owner at least understands the basics of cloud computing.
If you think you have a general idea about cloud computing but want to test your knowledge, try the cloud computing test below and evaluate your results with the answers at the bottom:
1. ________ describes a cloud service that can only be accessed by a limited amount of people.
A. Data center
B. Private cloud
D. Public cloud
2. ________ describes a distribution model in which applications are hosted by a service provider and made available to users.
A. Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
B. Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
C. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
D. Cloud service
3. True or False: Access to a Cloud environment always costs more money compared to a traditional desktop environment.
4. _________ is the feature of cloud computing that allows the service to change in size or volume in order to meet a user’s needs.
5. True or False: A Cloud environment can be accessed from anywhere in the world as long as the user has access to the Internet.
Now consider for a moment if these questions were difficult to answer. Many business owners have a general idea about cloud computing, but need guidance before making a final decision.
The best thing a business owner can do is research the topic thoroughly and make the best decision for the company.
Here is the answer key to the quiz:
1. B (Source)
2. C (Source)
3. False (Source)
4. A (Source)
5. True (Source)