The cloud is used for a wide variety of use cases by businesses of all types, sizes, and industries. Cloud computing is an on-demand resource that allows you to access technology services without buying and maintaining physical data centers and servers. The technology possible within cloud providers includes application development and testing, analytics, data storage and backups, and more as an innovative and flexible way to run your business’s infrastructure.
Benefits of Cloud Computing
Adopting cloud solutions and investing in cloud computing can improve operations and provide several benefits. With the flexibility to invest in only what your business needs, the cost alone is incentive enough to migrate data and solutions to a cloud computing infrastructure. The benefits include:
- Higher Speeds – Enjoy quicker deployments of software development that improve business operations.
- Increase collaboration – Cloud computing allows for more efficient team communication by sharing information easily and securely across the cloud.
- Scalability – Cloud-based solutions are an ideal way to focus on growth and the ability to pivot quickly when demands change or increase.
- Enhanced Data Security – The cloud offers robust security features that guarantee the safe storage and handling of data within the cloud.
- Storage and Recovery – Data can be stored within the cloud without constraints, allowing for secure backups and quick recovery if data is lost or damaged.
Types of Cloud Services
There are several different models of cloud computing to evaluate to determine which model is best first for your business. Cloud computing services include Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
The digital infrastructure is cloud computing services’ most essential and basic function. Infrastructure as a Service is a pay as you go option for an underlying IT infrastructure that includes servers, storage, networks, and operating systems from a provider. This is great for small and medium-sized operations looking for a cost-effective solution to support business growth.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
The Platform as a Service or PaaS offers an on-demand environment for developing, testing, and managing software applications. The environment is meant to make it easy for developers to create web or mobile apps quickly and efficiently without having to worry about the performance of a server or storage or network limitations. The server is robust and flexible to support web applications and is ideal for scalability.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
Software as a Service (SaaS) is developed to deliver services and applications over the cloud through the internet for on-demand needs. The software is run and managed by a service provider who performs regular maintenance such as upgrades and security patches. Users access this software through a web browser on their computer, tablet, or phone without downloads or installations.
The cloud is a versatile and viable option for businesses to make the best of their infrastructure. We provide services to help you optimize your cloud adoption that best fits your business’s needs. To learn more about cloud solutions and how we can help, contact us at 954.474.2204.