Because Office 365 is new to some people, they picture:
- A program that’s hard to set up,
- A program that’s only for Mac computers,
- Some new app that’s only for mobile devices, or
- Some confusing, new-fangled version of Microsoft products geared toward people who think the old platforms are useless or outdated.
However, Office 365 is essentially the best of the traditional Microsoft Office platform, combined with the simplest and most convenient upgrades that modern cloud computing has to offer. Though many products can easily lose their initial fan base when they upgrade or make changes to keep up with the times, by the time people most comfortable with Microsoft products understand what Office 365 actually is, everyone will realize it’s a genuinely perfect fit for most smb’s.
With 365, Microsoft gives users subscription-based access to its suite of office products. If you buy it for yourself, it’s less than $10 a month. However, many companies choose to buy it for their staff for several reasons:
Everyone in the office can collaborate on one secure system with ease.
It doesn’t matter if you’re in the office, or in another country; once you’ve connected your devices through the platform, you can quickly share documents and data through One Drive as if you were in the same office. This enables you to complete projects faster. In addition, since 365 is also integrated with Skype Lync, you can easily conduct business conferences and make free/cheap VoIP calls as well, without paying a separate company and without downloading special software.
Microsoft gives users 1 terabyte of cloud storage for each user, and each user is able to use the software on one laptop/desktop, one tablet and one phone.
Users also get full downloads of every standard Microsoft program including Outlook, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, Lync, Exchange, Power Point, One Note, Access and Publisher.
Lastly, let’s face it. The Microsoft product suite has always been notoriously expensive.
365 is basically the cheapest way anyone’s ever got a suite of Microsoft products directly from the manufacturer.
How to Use Office 365
Using Office 365 is as easy as using a website like Facebook or a software program like Skype.
- You simply log into your account at portal.office.com, with the information in the email you received after you signed up.
- Next, you change your password.
- Then, when you’re ready to download your software, you download and install your software suite just like any other program. You just go through all the standard install prompts and options.
- Once you’ve downloaded the software and your online access is up and running, you’re good to go. If you’ve ever used Microsoft Office before, you already know how to use Office 365.
However, if you have any questions or need any guidance at all — or find a program that’s new to you, because you’re mainly used to the standard programs; just contact us.
As your Managed Services Provider, 4 Corner IT offers you and your staff full installation and support for Office 365!